Lenten Observances in 2023
Opportunities to Prepare for Easter
English-language Stations of the Cross will be held at St. Leonhard's in downtown Frankfurt after the weekly 6 p.m. Tuesday Mass during Lent 2023, from Feb. 28 through March 28. (Note that the Tuesday evening Mass is CANCELED on April 4 due to Holy Week.)
Parishioners are also invited to take part in an online Lenten & Easter Reflection series via Zoom, featuring The Moment is for Me by Christof Wolf, SJ, an Ignation guide to prayer and a retreat for everyday life. The author uses the four classical themes of “Principle and Foundation”, “The Life of Jesus”, “The Passion of Jesus”, and “The Resurrection of Jesus,” along with Bible texts for each day, and also suggestions for personal reflection and prayer. To participate:
1. Get yourself a copy The Moment is for Me by Christof Wolf, SJ. It is available in English on Amazon.de (hard copy or Kindle).
2. The group will meet for four Zoom sessions to discuss what they have read during the week, from 7 to 7:45 p.m. on the following Mondays:
March 20, March 27, April 3, and Easter Monday, April 10.
3. There is absolutely NO OBLIGATION to attend all four sessions; rather consider it as a kind of an informal book club. Join as often as you wish.
4. If you would like to participate, please email the parish office, at international(a)parish-frankfurt.de (replacing the (a) with the @ sign) and we will send you the link.
For those seeking the Sacrament of Reconciliation in advance of Easter, there will be extra hours centered around regular weekend Masses, with priests available to hear Confession at the following times:
- 5 to 5:45 p.m. Saturday, March 25, at St Leonhard's
- 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. Sunday, March 26, at Holy Cross in Frankfurt's Bornheim district
- 4 to 4:45 p.m. Sunday, March 26, at St. Mary's in Liederbach
Note that Palm Sunday observances will take place at the three regular Masses on the weekend of April 1-2:
- Saturday at 6 p.m. at St. Leonhard's
- Sunday at 9:30 a.m. at Holy Cross
- Sunday at 5 p.m. at St. Mary's