Information on measures to stem the coronavirus pandemic
Seating capacity at all three churches is now limited due to the need to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters on each side to the next parishoner, so advance signups are required before you may attend most of our religious services. Please use our online registration system, and plan to come to only one Mass per weekend. If you need any help please contact our parish office at tel: 069-21936500 during office hours (no email registrations will be accepted).
For normal Saturday and Sunday Masses, deadline for the registration is Fridays at 12:00 - noon.
Whether you are signing up online or by phone, you will be asked for the following information:
- Telephone Number + complete Address
- Which Mass you would like to attend
- How many family members will be attending with you
Important: These lists have absolutely nothing to do with formally registering with the State or with paying church taxes, and they will be destroyed after 3 weeks. The lists are mandated by the Gesundheitsamt (Health Department) so that in the event of anyone attending a particular Mass tests positive for Covid-19, everyone else who attended can be notified.
Directions during Masses
- You must wear an FFP2 mask or medical/surgical mask the entire time you are in the church. Everyone must bring their own personal face mask. Also, keep at least 1.5 meters distance from all other parishioners not from your own household.
- At the door you will be asked for your name so that we can check if you have registered for that particular Mass. Only then will you be allowed to enter. Those experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms and/or fever are not allowed to enter the church building.
- Upon entering the church you will have the opportunity to disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer, if you wish.
- You will be shown to your seat. The seats are clearly marked with stickers. Familes / couples living in one household may sit together.
- No hymnals will be distributed as there is no communal singing permitted during Mass. However, there will be instrumental music.
- There are clear directions on the procedure for receiving communion. These will be explained to you at the beginning of each Mass.
After Mass, we ask you to please exit the church as quickly as possible and that you not gather in groups either inside or outside the church.
Due to the distancing requirements, children attending Mass with their parents MUST be seated during the Mass. It is not permitted for children to move around the church. If parents cannot ensure compliance, perhaps it would be better if one parent comes this week and the other the following week.
Please remember that the dispensation for Sunday Mass obligation is STILL in place. So, if, for any reason, you do not feel safe attending Mass (for example, due to age or due to other health issues) … or if the attendance lists fill up too quickly and you do not get a spot -- remember that watching Mass online or on tv at home and receiving “spiritual communion” is still an approved alternative.
And – there are some weekday German Masses available (for example at 8:00 am and 12:30 pm at the Dom in Frankfurt). Attending a weekday Mass and receiving the Eucharist also counts as fulfilling your Sunday obligation.
We realize that these are a lot of rules and regulations to follow, but the safety of our parishioners is our first and foremost concern.